Re: Why is srcdir passed as .

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Why is srcdir passed as .
Date: 26 Oct 2000 17:14:04 +0200

>>>>> "Thomas" == Thomas E Dickey <address@hidden> writes:

Thomas> $0 is a full pathname if that's the way the script was invoked
Thomas> (I assume that's what you are saying - if it was not invoked
Thomas> with a full pathname, it really depends on the shell that was
Thomas> used to look up the name of the script).

Actually no, I really meant that I never saw a $0 being the name which
was invoked.  A full path, at least in each practical case, I suppose
you can break that, but it does not happen in real life.  At least
mine :)