Re: Where did the Cygwin and Mingw checks go? (patch suggestion)

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: Where did the Cygwin and Mingw checks go? (patch suggestion)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 22:54:15 +0100

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 04:45:40PM -0500, Paul Berrevoets wrote:
: But you and I were both talking about files that get generated at link time.
AC_OBJEXT
: does not link, and therefore should be no problem.

Yes, ideally.  However, the Borland C++ compiler wrapper we're using doesn't
detect that only compilation should be done and produces the executable in
OBJEXT too.  I'm not sure if it is bcc32.exe or a bug in the wrapper - however
there *could* be cases where extra files are produced in the compile step, so
the problem may very well exist at that level too.

: Your technique needs to be modified somewhat because you are not using file
: globbing for 'conftest.o' and 'conftest.obj'.

That is because I tested for the existence of the file in the loop.  It was a
priority-list, prioritizing .o and .obj over any other extension, escaping the
loop as soon as an extension is found.  I think we can safely assume that if one
of those files are created, that is the object file.

  Lars J