Re: Problem with latest CVS autoconf

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Problem with latest CVS autoconf
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:55:16 -0500 (EST)

Hello, Harlan!

> /usr/local/bin/gm4 -I .. ../autoconf.m4 -D divert | \
>   sed 's/#.*//;/^$/d' >process.log

My first thought was that something is wrong with your sed, but let's look
further...

> Processing ../autoconf.m4 produced output:
> ../autoconf.m4: define(AC_ACVERSION, 2.49b)

This clearly comes from acversion.m4 which is generated from
acversion.m4.in, but the later contains:

m4_define([AC_ACVERSION], address@hidden@])

My guess is that your acversion.m4 has not been updated for some reason
and still contains "define" instead of "m4_define"

Could you please send us acversion.m4 and acversion.m4.in?

Regards,
Pavel Roskin