Re: default configure arguments

From: Mirar
Subject: Re: default configure arguments
Date: 19 Dec 2000 13:11:10 +0100

Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

> | I would like to store default configure arguments in a separate file
> | in the source tree (so I can erase the build tree without losing the
> | configure arguments).
> |
> | How is this done best?
> |
> |   AC_INIT...
> |   AC_CONFIG_HEADER...
> |
> |   if test -e "$srcdir/configure_args"; then
> |       ac_arg="`cat "$srcdir/configure_args" | sed "s/'/'\\\\\\\\''/g"`"
> |       ac_configure_args="$ac_arg $ac_configure_args"
> |       echo "$ac_configure_args"
> |   fi
> |
> | might work, but is probably very very bad.
> |
> | Any suggestions?
>

> ~ace % fgrep '> ./configure' config.log                          nostromo
> 12:56
>  > ./configure -C --no-create --no-recursion

There is no "config.log" if I erased the build tree.

But also, I don't want to use what I used last time, I want to be able
to put default configure arguments in a separate file.

This could be used to have different dists that uses different
configure arguments but the same source, for instance.

An example is having the default configure have --with-debug as
default, but have the .tar.gz dist have --without-debug as default by
just adding that to a separate file in the source tree.

/Mirar