AC_MKDIR/cross-cc/number-of-args??

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: AC_MKDIR/cross-cc/number-of-args??
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 00:51:41 +0100 (MET)

Hi everyone,

in the last days I did hit a problem that I thought was good to
do with an autoconf-macro - may be someone has already done
such a beast. It goes about the number of arguments to mkdir(2).

While every unix (posix?) system takes two arguments (the
filename and the modebits), quite a few platforms only want
one argument, in my case it was not only win'ish mingw32
but also vxworks. As a side note: cygwin uses two args,
mingw32 one arg. I guess quite a few embedded RTOS do also
define mkdir with just one arg.

The question is: how to reliably detect the number of
arguments without TRY_RUN since it must be detectable
for crosscompiling targets. Anyone to give me a hint on
how to implement such an m4-macro? Or already on disk somewhere?

Thanks in advance
-- guido                        GCS/E/S/P C++$++++ ULHS L++w- N++@