Re: AC_PROG_CC problems on Windows with MKS Shell

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: AC_PROG_CC problems on Windows with MKS Shell
Date: 19 Jan 2001 15:15:02 +0100

>>>>> "Lars" == Lars J Aas <address@hidden> writes:

Lars> These will of course be part of the "autoshell" API that comes
Lars> with Autoconf, and not be just for internal use?

Right.  M4sh, pronounced Mash.

Lars> I think I would prefer it if we used verbose names instead of
Lars> _X, _E, etc. then.  Maybe also drop "TEST" and mark the macro
Lars> name as a predicate in some other way.  I'd also consider
Lars> including FILE / DIR in the macro name...

AS_EXECUTABLE_IF

That's too heavy, IMHO, and makes it useless hairy to write composed
tests where we would have naturally used && and || etc.

But maybe I get your idea wrong.  Could you make it explicit?

Mine was AS_TEST_X(FILE) == test (-x|-f) $1.  I think keeping TEST is
not too bad, that's what we do with AS_DIRNAME, AS_MKDIR etc.   ?