Re: BUGS

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: BUGS
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:42:50 +0100

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 05:30:18PM +0100, Akim Demaille wrote:
: >>>>> "Lars" == Lars J Aas <address@hidden> writes:
:
: Lars> # this test should really be in {AC_PROG_PERL}
:
: Hm, why not.  Nice suggestion.  I'd propose `AC_PROG_PERL' since
: that's an already common means to `quote'.  And it makes no sense for
: sh while {AC_PROG_PERL} does.

Are you sure you can't get into trouble with "unterminated" segments
when using those quotes?  I accidentally wrote something like this
in a script recently, and couldn't figure out why I got an unterminated
string suddenly:

: ${lang=c} default so we don't override lang if it is set to cpp already

I didn't know that the : nop didn't work like a comment that way, and I
haven't got the perspective to see exactly where those comments may be
able to migrate (sh scripts, makefiles?, etc)...

  Lars J
--
Innovation is one percent inspiration and ninetynine percent perspiration,
and in my case; twice that...  -- Norville Barnes, `The Hudsucker Proxy'