Re: Checking for libraries

From: Stephen Torri
Subject: Re: Checking for libraries
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:48:36 +0000 (GMT)

On 26 Jan 2001, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Jan 25, 2001, Stephen Torri <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I want to check for the existence of a library not just a function of the
> > library as AC_CHECK_HEADERS does. Is there a way to do it?
>
> How about AC_CHECK_LIB or AC_HAVE_LIBRARY?

I use JTC (Java like threads for C++ from ooc.com). I installed it to the
default directory (/usr/local/). So the libraries are under
/usr/local/lib. I use the following test to look for it:

AC_CHECK_LIB(JTC, notifyAll)

It responds that it cannot find it. Yet I look in the directory and its
there. I run "grep notifyAll libJTC.so" and it says the binary has a
match. I know that function exists in the library.

So I am confused why its not working

Stephen

--
Buyer's Guide for a Operating System: