Re: AC_LIBOBJ and libsources

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: AC_LIBOBJ and libsources
Date: 30 Jan 2001 21:23:09 -0700

>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

Akim> 1. Does Automake need to know what are the files that can actually be
Akim>    in LIBOBJ, or headers can be included?

Automake wants to know the associated headers as well.

Akim> 2. Do we really care about extra dependencies?  In the case of rx.h
Akim>    and regex.h, I can't see any actual problem is we depend upon rx.h
Akim>    but use regex.h.  And anyway, is this still relevant today?

If you're referring to the omit_dependencies code, that is a relic
which I'm deleting now.

Tom