config.status inconsistency

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: config.status inconsistency
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:52:48 +0100

(sorry if I just posted this - random keystrokes made me miss what mutt
was doing)

Anyways, I've found out that invoking config.status in the following
two ways doesn't produce the same result:

  1) ./config.status --file=dstfile
  2) CONFIG_FILES=dstfile CONFIG_HEADERS= CONFIG_LINKS= ./config.status

Both will produce the same dstfile, but 2) will also run the AC_OUTPUT
extra-commands-argument.  Shouldn't they really be equivalent?

  Lars J