Re: Announcing Autoconf 2.49d

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: Announcing Autoconf 2.49d
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 18:13:09 -0500

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 05:01:32PM +0100, Akim Demaille wrote:
> The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
> that has been posted to gnu.utils.bug as well.
>

> The Autoconf team is extremely proud (and quite relieved) to announce
> the birth of Autoconf 2.49d, our release candidate.  The core Autoconf
> is not expected to change before the release, while the documentation
> and minor details still need some work.

When I generate the Makefile.in's using automake 1.4, there are a number
of syntax errors (which also appeared in the 2.49c and I recall being
reported).  I don't see anything in the package which indicates this is
dependent on one of the alpha versions of automake.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com