RE: Confusing/bogus message in config.log

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: RE: Confusing/bogus message in config.log
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:08:34 +0200

> I also don't see a reason why it would be very useful to maintain
> a version on a configure script separate from the pacage version.

Figure I might as well chuck in my EUR 0.02 as well: what about

GNU configure (PACKAGE VERSION) AC_VERSION

After all, the relevant version number for configure itself, is that
of the autoconf that created it; the name & version of the package
it's intended for are useful extra information.
And since you explicitly call it _GNU_, there's probably no reason
to explicitly state it was created by autoconf here; after all, that
will already be listed at the top of the file anyway.