Re: Spam, Bacon, Eggs & Spam (was: Re: yada $1.4M yada)

From: Greg A. Woods
Subject: Re: Spam, Bacon, Eggs & Spam (was: Re: yada $1.4M yada)
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 23:29:23 -0400 (EDT)

[ On , April 7, 2001 at 19:52:01 (-0400), Paul D. Smith wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Spam, Bacon, Eggs & Spam (was: Re: yada $1.4M yada)
>
> I find subscriber-only lists annoying and elitist, and I don't subscribe
> to them.

That's too bad.  With most modern MLM software they are one of the very
good tools in the elimination of spam and mailing list abuse.

> My company explicitly rewrites all my email so that it comes with a
> different From and Reply-To than I want to use to receive my mail.
> There is nothing I can do about this.
>
> This makes is difficult or even impossible for me to use subscriber-only
> lists the way that I want to receive mail.

That's simply not true at all.  All even half-decent MLMs have the
ability to allow posting to explicit addressees without also sending
posts to those addresses.

> I agree with them: web-based forums suck compared to mailing lists.  I
> wish more SourceForge groups would use mailing lists instead of forums;
> the forums are annoying in the extreme.

Hmmm.... indeed.

--
                                                        Greg A. Woods