Re: Release next week?

From: Eric Siegerman
Subject: Re: Release next week?
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:12:45 -0400

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 03:19:40PM +0200, Morten Eriksen wrote:
> Check out this snippet from Automake's TODO file:
>
>         rewrite in guile (RMS request)

Is this on Automake's TODO list for technical reasons or
political ones?  (So call me a cynic, but "RMS request" is pretty
suggestive :-)

If it's political, then:
  - how likely is it to actually happen?
  - is it wise to make a decision for the wrong reasons, just
    because they did?

NB: I'm NOT asserting that Guile would be a bad choice; I don't
know enough about it to have a meaningful opinion.  But it should
be chosen for a better reason than political pressure (even if
the pressure was applied indirectly, ie. to another project).

--

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        address@hidden
|  |  /
necessarily a good idea.