Re: $(YACC) on Linux

From: Vaclav Barta
Subject: Re: $(YACC) on Linux
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 10:15:50 +0100

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Vaclav Barta writes:
> > I can define YFLAGS = -d in my Makefile.am and it will work on
> > my machine. What I'd like to ask, is, of course: is this the
> > right, autoconf-sanctioned, portable thing to do? And even
> > better - would it be possible to fix autoconf to handle this
> > possibility?
> This is an Automake issue.  Autoconf has nothing to do with what
> happens in Makefiles.
Autoconf generates the configure script, which generates Makefiles
- I wouldn't call that "nothing to do". If you mean Makefile.am, I know
it's used by automake to generate Makefile.in - I just think
that in my case automake works OK (the Makefile.in looks OK to me,
for what that's worth :-) ) and the problem is in the configure
script.

        Bye
                Vasek