RE: 2 DJGPP-specific files: in distro or only in DJGPP package

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: RE: 2 DJGPP-specific files: in distro or only in DJGPP package
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 18:32:40 +0200

> : Any reason why these shouldn't be part of the autoconf manual?  It
> : feels like this is the right place for this kind of information?
>
> I have that feeling too.

Generally, I'd agree.
However,
 a) Most, if not all, DJGPP packages come with a DJGPP-specific readme
    that identifies the packages required (come to think of it, I'd
    probably want to put a .dsm - DJGPP's version of .spec files - in
    the tree as well) and explains how to configure/build the package.
    Many users initially probably won't look in the manual to find
    that info.
 b) Some of the info in there (such as some extra diffs to the sources
    that are DJGPP-only) probably shouldn't be in the manual.

Having said that, some of the stuff that's in the readme now could
probable be merged with the manual, and references to the manual added
to the readme.  I'll try and post a patch for the manual before the 2.50
release; no promises though.