AC_CHECK_LIB qustion

From: Paul Wighton
Subject: AC_CHECK_LIB qustion
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 11:45:04 -0400

Hello

I've got a quick question about the AC_CHECK_LIB macro:

What directories does this macro search in?? is it just standard ones
(like /usr/lib) or will it
also search directories specifed by certain environment variables and/or
script variables (such
as LIBS)

It seems to me that it only searches standard libraries, but Im not
entierly sure, and the
documentation isnt clear.  Ive tried passing $LIBS to AC_CHECK_LIB as
part of the 'other
libraries' variable, but that didnt seem to work either can you pass -L
flags to AC_CHECK_LIBS?? I
know you can pass -l flags so I would assume so.

I was also wondering where this macro is defined.  Doing a quick `grep
'AC_CHECK_LIB' *` didnt
turn up its definition

Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch