Re: tabs in configure.in?

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: tabs in configure.in?
Date: 26 Apr 2001 18:18:34 +0200

| |  The current version of GNU gettext's m4/gettext.4 contains the following
| |
| | |  [case " "$CONFIG_FILES" " in *" po/Makefile.in "* | *" po/Makefile.in:"*)
| | |     sed -e "/POTFILES =/r po/POTFILES" po/Makefile.in > po/Makefile
| | |     ;;
| | |   esac])
| |
| |
| |  compared to
| |
| | [case "$CONFIG_FILES" in *po/Makefile.in*)
| |
| |  in older versions. Why they put in all these additional spaces in the first
| |  place is not obvious to me at all, but that's how it is now.
|
| Indentation, nothing else.

Err, maybe I was not answering on the spaces you were referring to.

If you refer to the spaces in the case argument and in the patterns,
it's nothing but protection against collisions such as
topo/Makefile.in.  So they want spaces in the patterns, as a
separator, but then they need to add spaces in case po/Makefile.in
were the first/last in $CONFIG_FILES.