Re: release Autoconf?

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: release Autoconf?
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 13:07:14 +0200

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 09:47:27PM -0400, Steven G. Johnson wrote:
: Ralf Corsepius wrote:
: > How about fixing this one
: > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/autoconf-patches/2001-05/msg00007.html?
:
: Yes, I was kind of assuming that the immediate bug-patch queue would be
: flushed first.  The above patch (using AC_REQUIRE instead of calling a
: macro directly) seems correct, simple, and safe.  That, plus Pavel's May 4
: documentation patch, should probably be applied before branching.

I wanted to scare up the final issues to be handled before we could
release, but I figured there would be more than two items though.
Anyways, Autoconf 2.50 is a major rewrite so we won't get it bug-free
no matter how long we wait.  We need to release to get enough users,
and then release patchlevel updates...

  Lars J