Re: AmigaOS fork()

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: AmigaOS fork()
Date: 23 May 2001 17:23:28 -0700

Rüdiger Kuhlmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Since we've autoconf 2.50 now, maybe it's time to come up with some
> not-so-important issues. The problem at hand is that under AmigaOS, the
> fork() function always returns EONOSYS (IIRC), in other words, there is
> no spoon(), due to limitations that can't seriously be
> overcome. However, there is a fairly well vfork(), that very often can
> be used instead.

vfork() is normally a very different function than fork(), with
significantly different and much more dangerous behavior if it is not
immediately followed by an exec().  Is that the case on Amiga, or is it
just a misnamed fork()?

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>