Re: [autoconf] AmigaOS fork()

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: [autoconf] AmigaOS fork()
Date: 31 May 2001 18:02:55 +0200

>>>>> "Rüdiger" == Rüdiger Kuhlmann <address@hidden> writes:

Rüdiger> So we need something like AC_MSG_CROSS_WARN that basically
Rüdiger> does _AC_ECHO_N([[CROSS] ]) _AC_ECHO_N([[CROSS] ],
Rüdiger> AS_MESSAGE_LOG_FD) and maybe outputs a warning at the end of
Rüdiger> configure, that some values needed to be guessed due to
Rüdiger> cross-compiling?

Internally we can just

if $cross_compiling = yes; then
  AC_MSG_WARN()
fi

I agree some AC_CROSS_COMPILING_IFELSE would be nice.

Rüdiger> Having a global marker one can look for in config.log would
Rüdiger> ease cross-compiling, as nowadays everybody does it his
Rüdiger> way. Maybe AC_MSG_CROSS_WARN could also output to config.log,
Rüdiger> which cache value would have to be set.

I don't know, I'm trying to keep the API as small as possible.

Rüdiger> Anyway, if you want me to let this test just fail instead,
Rüdiger> just tell me.

That's what the other tests do.  But I never cross compiled, so I just
don't know what the best behavior would be.