Re: gcc -mno-cygwin and autoconf 2.50

From: Teun Burgers
Subject: Re: gcc -mno-cygwin and autoconf 2.50
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 22:29:15 +0200

Earnie Boyd wrote:

> This is the correct way to do it.  You can shorten to --host=mingw32 if
> you wish.

I agree that this is basically a cross-compile. It is however just a
little bit annoying to specify the target OS twice,
with --host and -mno-cygwin.
So I decided to add the following bit to the configure script:

AC_CACHE_CHECK(
        [for mingw32],
        ac_cv_mingw32,
        AC_TRY_COMPILE(,
                [return __MINGW32__],
                ac_cv_mingw32="yes",
                ac_cv_mingw32="no")
)

if test $ac_cv_mingw32 = yes;then
    LIBS="$LIBS -lwsock32"
fi

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> However, I am not familiar with mingw, but is there a reason why the
> standard autoconf approach of applying feature tests instead doesn't
> work in this particular case?
> I mean, applying AC_CHECK_HEADER[S], AC_CHECK_LIB[S], AC_TRY_LINK
> and friends to detect a system's way to provide a certain
> functionality. At least I can imagine that Teun's application needs
> some networking function from wsock32 and would fail to link
> otherwise, i.e. it should be link-time detectable, i.e. detectable
> by AC_CHECK_FUNC or similar.

This not so easy. The function I want to test for is the select call.
However select is name mangled (Pascal calling convention) to
address@hidden in libwsock32.a

Teun