Re: autoconf 2.5, 2.13, and Vim

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: autoconf 2.5, 2.13, and Vim
Date: 11 Jun 2001 11:15:16 -0700

Charles E Campbell <address@hidden> writes:

> Vim doesn't appear to include <inttypes.h> anywhere and, after checking
> out the files under /usr/include/..., none of them include <inttypes.h>
> either.  This is the first time I've had a problem with <sys/types.h>
> conflicting with <inttypes.h>; looks like <inttypes.h> hasn't been
> needed by any of the source I've ever compiled heretofore.

In IRIX 6.5, the relevant section of <sys/types.h> looks like:

/*
 * inttypes.h also defines these. avoid compiler errors if both inttypes.h
 * and types.h are included.
 */

#ifndef __inttypes_INCLUDED
#define __inttypes_INCLUDED

typedef signed char             int8_t;
typedef unsigned char           uint8_t;
typedef signed short            int16_t;
typedef unsigned short          uint16_t;
typedef signed int              int32_t;
typedef unsigned int            uint32_t;
typedef __int64_t               int64_t;
typedef __uint64_t              uint64_t;
typedef __int64_t               intmax_t;
typedef __uint64_t              uintmax_t;
typedef signed long int         intptr_t;
typedef unsigned long int       uintptr_t;

#endif /* !__inttypes_INCLUDED */

and the section of <inttypes.h> that defines these has the same guard.  Is
this not true on IRIX 5.3?

If it isn't, autoconf may need to check explicitly if <inttypes.h> and
<sys/types.h> can be included at the same time, a la the existing checks
for <time.h> and <sys/time.h>.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>