how to force options be default to "no"?

From: Masao Uebayashi
Subject: how to force options be default to "no"?
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 15:42:04 +0900

Hello,

Whether a option found by "configure"'s test is used (enabled) by
default is decided by the auther of the "configure" script, but I want
to override it as "no", that is, I want to use options which I
explicitly specify by "--enable-*".

This is needed when I create a (NetBSD's) package, in which
dependencies are explicitly described in the package's source file. It
should never happen that dependencies not listed in the package's
source are made.

And please see, "hidden dependencies, Act II" thread in

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2001/06/

Is there any simple solution for this?

TIA,
Masao

 |_  -|--|-                                              |_NO_SMOKING_|