Re: A small test case for the AC_CONFIG_xxx problem

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: A small test case for the AC_CONFIG_xxx problem
Date: 20 Jun 2001 14:05:52 +0200

>>>>> "Paolo" == Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> writes:

Paolo> The other bug is that `./config.status test3' won't work, while
Paolo> `CONFIG_LINKS=test3 ./config.status' or simply
Paolo> `./config.status' will.

Arg, now it is much clearer to me, thanks!  That's what I missed.

Paolo> Note that allowing both ways to use AC_CONFIG_LINKS is a breeze
Paolo> once you move the INIT-CMDS, since it is only a matter of
Paolo> double-quoting instead of single-quoting the choice in the
Paolo> command line parsing case statement.

Yep, but it weakens the static control we can perform.  Destinations
should not be invisible to autoconf (as opposed to sh).