autoconf 2.50 generated configure script on os/390

From: Thorsten Brockmeier
Subject: autoconf 2.50 generated configure script on os/390
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 14:13:11 -0500

Hi,

during installation of the newer alpha versions of VIM 6 on an os/390 unix
machine, I noticed that autoconf 2.5 produced a configure script that would
not run under os/390 unix. Bram Moolenaar switched from autoconf 2.13 to
autoconf 2.5 from his VIM 6.0 alpha H to alpha I. Alpha I and beyond can
not be configured on os/390 without either modifying the configure script
or letting autoconf 2.13 generate a new one from configure.in
The manual changes required in configure were:
   a signal #13 was traped -> not supported on OS/390 -> removed
   a file descriptor #6 was created -> not supported on OS/390 -> removed
   I received some permission warnings with the last 2 MV commands, but I
   am unsure what those mean. The command executed though. -> replaced with
   CP commands

The configure file that autoconf 2.13 generated ran fine without any
changes.

I believe a change to autoconf 2.50 (or 2.51?) to re-establish support for
the os/390 platform would be a good thing.

Please reply in e-mail as I am not currently following the mailing list.

Regards,

Thorsten Brockmeier
BA-Student Information Technology Management IT99-I-S
Kst. 3126, Gebäude 7056-01, 70548 Stuttgart
Tel. 0711-785-0     Fax: 0711-785-5006
Email IBM: address@hidden Email BA: address@hidden

June 25 - August 31 2001
Residency @ ITSO Poughkeepsie, New York