Re: Autoconf 2.52 is released

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Autoconf 2.52 is released
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:32:10 -0700 (PDT)

> Martin> Everything works just fine there except that I
> Martin> needed to make changes which won't work with autoconf 2.1x
> Martin> anymore.

Could you please be more specific here?  Perhaps we can suggest ways
for you to make the changes so that they'll work with both 2.13 and 2.52.

I have some experience with this problem, though my own experience
with 2.52 has been quite different from yours.  For some time I had
been collaborating with some people who used autoconf 2.5x
prereleases, and with other people who continued to use autoconf 2.13.
I continued to maintain my configure.in and m4 files, so that they
would continue to work both with autoconf 2.13 and 2.5x.  I was glad
when 2.50 was released, because then I could drop
backward-compatibility support for 2.13 and ask my 2.13-oriented
maintainers to upgrade.