Re: m4_warn test fails, removing autom4te.cache helps

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: m4_warn test fails, removing autom4te.cache helps
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 03:56:07 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Akim!

> > Removing autom4te.cache between autoconf invocations fixes the test, but I
> > believe that the actual problem is in autoconf, not in the test.
>
> Please, see the related patches in autoconf-patches.  I'm not sure what
> to do here.

I personally don't feel good about caching, especially if it brings
problems that are hard to solve.

I don't want you to spend your precious time fixing and improving trace
caching - your time outweighs the time saved in all autoconf and
autoheader invocations across the world.

Maybe you could disable autom4te.cache by default (like config.cache) and
play with it when you want to, not when the testsuite fails.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin