Re: RFC: Autom4te: defining M4 sets

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: Re: RFC: Autom4te: defining M4 sets
Date: 22 Aug 2001 09:35:57 +0200

On 21 Aug 2001 17:22:56 +0200, address@hidden wrote:

>       autom4te --mode=autoconf some-weird-input-name.yy -o configure

I'd recommend this for all uses, actually (much like libtool).
I'm not entirely sure I like the globbing approach, though, as it starts
to unnecessarily restrict a user's namespace.

> arguments: --include /usr/local/share/autoconf

Hmm - that means you can't really have two concurrent versions of
Autoconf, with different prefixes.  Maybe this should always get
autom4te's $prefix (or $datadir) prepended?
Which would probably mean using

includedir: share/autoconf
or
includedir: autoconf

instead

> # M4sh
> begin mode: "M4sh"
> patterns: *.as
> arguments: --include /usr/local/share/autoconf
> arguments: m4sugar/m4sh.m4
> arguments: --mode 755
> end mode: "M4sh"
>
> # M4sugar
> begin mode: "M4sh"

~akim/autom4te.cfg:66: error: mode `M4sh' already defined
:-)