Problem with SIZEOF

From: Pascal Bart
Subject: Problem with SIZEOF
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:42:52 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

        I've a little problem with SIZEOF, in my configure.in file I've
wrote :

# Check sizeof any types.
AC_CHECK_SIZEOF(short)
AC_CHECK_SIZEOF(int)
AC_CHECK_SIZEOF(long)

well I generate configure with autoconf 2.52e (24/10/01), and there're no
problem, but when I try to run configure script on a Sparc/Solaris 2.5,
(and _only_ on this computer) I've got the following error :

checking for short... yes
checking size of short... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (short), 77

I don't understand, when I read the autoconf documentation, it's write,
that if type is unknown, it gets a size of 0, so I suppose that's a bug ?

So, if someone have an idea ?

Thanks.

Pascal Bart (address@hidden)