Re: AC_SYS_LARGEFILE

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: AC_SYS_LARGEFILE
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:53:18 -0800 (PST)

> From: Russ Allbery <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 16:23:59 -0800
>
> You also need _LARGEFILE_SOURCE.

That was true in older versions of AC_SYS_LARGEFILE, but in newer
versions (e.g. the version shipped with Autoconf 2.52)
_LARGEFILE_SOURCE has been banished to AC_FUNC_FSEEKO.

They are somewhat independent macros.  _LARGEFILE_SOURCE controls
which symbols are visible (notably fseeko and ftello), whereas
_FILE_OFFSET_BITS controls the width of off_t.

Quite possibly it is a problem with his C++ configuration.  I don't
use g++, and haven't had time to get g++ to work on my Solaris 8 host,
so I'm afraid he'll have to debug it.  (C++ is a big pain on Solaris.)