Re: make check error in autoconf v2.52f

From: John Poltorak
Subject: Re: make check error in autoconf v2.52f
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 21:58:36 +0000

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 03:37:13PM +0100, Akim Demaille wrote:

> | Don't know if this is what you might expect...
>
> It is (but the broken comment).  You are on your own: for some reason,
> someone is not found.  You have to find who.  It is because of OS/2,
> not Autoconf.  Try adding -x a bit everywhere, and see where the
> process is stuck.

The problem appears to be due to a bug in the OS/2 port of Make v3.76.1.

I tried v3.75 and it didn't occur, although there is a problem running

mv testsuite.tmp testsuite

which I haven't figured out yet - this may be OS related...

Also I noticed that in the tests directory a new directory appears called

autom4te..cache

(two periods) - name looks odd...

--
John