Re: excaping the , seperator

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: excaping the , seperator
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 21:33:14 -0800

Glenn McGrath wrote:

> Im trying to modify dmalloc's configure.in to use gcc as a linker
> instead of ld.
>
> I added the lines
>         if (gcc -shared -Wl,-soname conftest.so -o conftest.so.t conftest.a)

> I think autoconf is using the comas as seperators

Yes, M4 is.  Could you please humor me?  Could you
try to develop this as a stand alone macro using
this macro development page and let me know how hard
or easy it was for you:

  http://autogen.sourceforge.net/conftest.html

I believe you will be wanting to create a "test" (shell type test)
macro and be putting the results into a substitution value.
(You will need to supply the conftest type on the first page
and select a method for storing the results on the second page.)

The output may be a bit ugly, but it is a work in progress
and I just need a guinea pig.  Thank you so much.

Regards,
        Bruce

--

Bruce Korb <first initial + last name at gnu dot org>
AG URL: http://autogen.sourceforge.net