Re: AC quoting rules

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: AC quoting rules
Date: 05 Feb 2002 11:49:32 +0100

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

Paul> The documentation is trying to show you the corner cases of M4,
Paul> so that you know where all the bodies are buried.  With that in
Paul> mind, no wonder it's ugly: it's trying to show you the worst
Paul> parts of the system.

Also, I was trying to teach to a set of people who had been polluted
by 2.13.  So I tried hard to demonstrate what the right use is, in
order to avoid losing time with criticisms about ``having changed
Autoconf in an incompatible way''.  To this end, I meant to
demonstrate the limitations of the inconsistencies of 2.13.

In other words, Bruce, this paragraph is just not about 2.5x.  It's
about wild usage of M4, as an ignorant would do it.  Following the
rule of thumb is easy, regular, and sane.  Period.