Chances of build success on non-Unix platforms

From: John Poltorak
Subject: Chances of build success on non-Unix platforms
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 15:54:54 +0000

Is there any place I can search to find if an app has been succesfully
built with autoconf+friends on a non-Unix platform?

I'm thinking of trying to build Tar 1.13 and see refences to DOS but have
no way of telling whether they are purely historical, (going back to the
last millenium  :-) ) or whether there is any likelihood of success
nowadays.

Is there a tar mailing list around, BTW?

--
John