Re: cross-compiling question: static libraries and binaries to different

From: Dan Kegel
Subject: Re: cross-compiling question: static libraries and binaries to different places?
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 17:40:48 -0800

You'd think so, but playing games like that might really
confuse libtool.

What I'd like to see is a fully-worked out example of how
to use libtool, with both static and shared libraries,
in a cross-compile situation, without the static libraries
leaking out onto the target system.  We may need to split
--libdir into --libdir and --buildlibdir, or something
awful like that?

Thinking about libtool and cross-compiling is giving me
serious heartburn.
- Dan