Re: cross-compiling question: static libraries and binaries to different

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: cross-compiling question: static libraries and binaries to different places?
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 08:26:07 -0500

I've always done this with a two stage build.  Stage 1 is for the build
system, Stage 2 is for the targeted host system.  If my host name is foo
and the targeted host is bar then I would do:
  configure --prefix=/usr --host=foo --build=foo --target=bar
  make && make install && make clean
  rm config.cache
  configure --prefix=/usr --host=bar --build=foo --target=bar
  make && make install DESTDIR=/depot

The standards for configure and make are such that this is the only way
to accomplish what you want, AFAICS.

Earnie.