AC_CHECK_LIB and linker (LD)

From: Martin Frydl
Subject: AC_CHECK_LIB and linker (LD)
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 13:21:22 +0100

Hello,

        I have some problem with AC_CHECK_LIB and linker stored in LD variable.
It seems like AC_CHECK_LIB does not use the linker from LD but some
other one - C/C++ compiler itself. This leads to successful link during
configure and errors during compilation of project itself. This is
because C/C++ compiler has different paths to libraries than the linker
does. (I'm using also libtool and automake so the combination of all
these programs may cause this). Am I doing something wrong? Should I use
some other test for presence of the library?

        Thanks
          Martin Frydl