Re: RFC: AC_DEFINE_REPLACE

From: ralph
Subject: Re: RFC: AC_DEFINE_REPLACE
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 21:34:55 +0000

Hi Russ,

> I realize that it's not technically allowed by the C standard, but
> are there platforms where interposition actually doesn't work?
>
> When I want to replace a C library function that's broken, I just
> link in a file that provides that function.  It's always worked for
> me.

I'm pretty certain it doesn't work on some platforms.  AIX springs to
mind, although I can't test it at the moment, as its linker doesn't
work through the objects and libraries in argv[] order checking to see
what undefined symbols the current element resolves.

comp.compilers might be a place to ask.

Cheers,

Ralph.