Why does c++ use CFLAGS and not

From: Dr. David Kirkby
Subject: Why does c++ use CFLAGS and not
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 11:19:17 +0100

I've got a test is a configure.in which sets CPPFLAGS to what I want, by calling
an external programme wx-config.

CPPFLAGS=$CPPFLAGS `wx-config --cflags`

That works, and if I echo $CPPFLAGS, its value is as expected.

However, when a C++ programme (extension .cpp) is compiled using g++, it uses
the CFLAGS, not the CPPFLAGS. So no matter what I put in CPPFLAGS, it never
propagates to the makefile.

Am I supposed to do anything special in the Makefile.am? I just have this:

bin_PROGRAMS = checksum
checksum_SOURCES = checksum.cpp
EXTRA_DIST = README

--