make forces autoconf/automake to run

From: Daniel Karrels
Subject: make forces autoconf/automake to run
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 16:52:35 -0400

Hello:

I have a project distributed primarily via CVS which uses automake and
autoconf.  The problem is that upon completion of a configure, invoking
make (gmake) also invokes autoconf and automake once more.

This wasn't a problem in previous versions, but the most recent
autoconf/automake distributions seem to be dependent on the newest (at
present) version of the respective programs.

Is there a way to disable this feature?  Or, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Dan