Re: cache directory is not removed

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: cache directory is not removed
Date: 06 Jun 2002 11:26:02 -0400

> * On the subject of "Re: cache directory is not removed"
> * Honorable Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:
>
> There are some bottlenecks in M4 (we are asking more services than it
> provides now, such as the call stack).  The day this is C code instead
> of M4 code, we can raise this issue again.  Meanwhile, given the
> figures, it's absolutely not possible to get rid of the cache.

I could never understand why autoconf was written in m4 in the first
place. this is not a troll, I would really appreciate a clarification.

perl or, better yet, clisp (http://clisp.cons.org) appear to be more
reasonable choices for just about any task.

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.2 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>