checking for C compiler default output...

From: vincent blondel
Subject: checking for C compiler default output...
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 19:32:09 +0200

Hi all,

I am trying to compile all packages for a Linux from Scratch installation
but I encounter problem with the compilation.
I am using Mandrake 8.2 on a AMD Athlon Xp1600+ and I got following
messages.

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables

Has somebody an idea to solve this problem ???
Thanks in advance.