Re: config.log / Re: newbie: checking for C compiler default output...

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: config.log / Re: newbie: checking for C compiler default output...
Date: 13 Sep 2002 14:07:13 +0200

>>>>> "Guido" == Guido Draheim <address@hidden> writes:

Guido> Actually, I've been thinking more of AC_MSG_ERROR itself.

I wondered too for a second, but rejected it at the point of the release.

Guido> It would also hint developers of ac-macros (think of
Guido> ac-archive) to remember to push checkpoints and extended
Guido> diagnostics into the config.log itself, and so to keep the user
Guido> output short and clean. Well, it might be that it was not
Guido> intended that user macros do send messages to the config.log,
Guido> wasn't it? Atleast it looks that way...

That is a very good suggestion...  Patches are even more welcome :)