Re: AC_DEFINE questions

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: AC_DEFINE questions
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 14:31:56 +0100

Balint Joo wrote:
array dimensions at configure time). The package builds a library
which is installed, and config.h gets installed also in the @prefix@/include

I then have a second package which needs to use the first one,
and it needs to include the its config.h file.

However, the version of autoconf I use, also defines some package
versioning information (PACKAGE_NAME, PACKAGE_TARNAME etc etc).
So when I compile the second package, which also has PACKAGE_NAME
and PACKAGE_TARNAME etc etc defined, these definitions conflict
between the two packages.

I'd like to suppress these conflicts. It would be nice if I could
dump the PACKAGE_TARNAME defines into a different file from my
other definitions say something like config.h for the important
ones and version.h for PACKAGE_TARNAME and its friends.

Is there a nice way to solve this problem?

it's an old problem of library makers, search the autoconf ML
archive for references. Basic point: do not install config.h,
and if you don't want to create your own, then
the above macro might be of help to you to make one up.

have lots of fun, guido

(btw, I have a new macro AX_*PREFIX* on my disk that integrates
 into config.status - you can find it in cvs at above website).