Re: test (and gmane)

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: test (and gmane)
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 07:16:06 -0500

Guido Draheim wrote:
has gnu.org eaten our mails?

I know atleast of four mails that have been sent but not coming
back through the mail loop to me, nor do they pop up at gmane
within the last dozen hours. Pretty irritating that is... well,
atleast here's the link to gmane in case you have not come across
this greatest new thing on the internet in the last months...;-)

Perhaps the forwarding account for gmane has been purged from the autoconf list. For gmane to work, it must maintain an active account with the autoconf list.

http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.comp.sysutils.autoconf.general

actually, who has started this one? the libtool mailinglist has
made it to comp.gnu which I think is much more logical...

http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.comp.gnu.libtool.general

So complain to the gmane maintainers they might do something, they might not. Some interested fourth party (a single individual) creates the mail <-> news via a request to gmane. Gmane administrators then create the link by joining the mail list.

Earnie.