AC_HELP_STRING Help

From: Bill Wendling
Subject: AC_HELP_STRING Help
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:45:51 -0600

Hi all,

I want to produce a help string like this:

    --with-foo[=DIR]            Use the foo package

(note the []s around the =DIR bit). When I use the option like this:

AC_ARG_WITH([foo],
            [AC_HELP_STRING([--with-foo[=DIR]],
                            [Use the foo package])],,)

It produces:

    --with-foo=DIR            Use the foo package

Is there a way to make it produce the []s that I want?

Thanks.