Re: AC_HELP_STRING Help

From: Roger Leigh
Subject: Re: AC_HELP_STRING Help
Date: 23 Jan 2003 19:58:51 +0000

Bill Wendling <address@hidden> writes:

> I want to produce a help string like this:
>
>     --with-foo[=DIR]            Use the foo package
>
> (note the []s around the =DIR bit). When I use the option like this:
>
> AC_ARG_WITH([foo],
>             [AC_HELP_STRING([--with-foo[=DIR]],
>                             [Use the foo package])],,)
>
> It produces:
>
>     --with-foo=DIR            Use the foo package
>
> Is there a way to make it produce the []s that I want?

I've used quadrigraphs in the past, but AC_HELP_STRING is doing
something wierd with the quoting (I've tried changing the quotes,
extra quoting, etc., but without success).  When I have managed to get
`[' and `]' to appear, the formatting is then broken...

--
Roger Leigh

                GPG Public Key: 0x25BFB848 available on public keyservers