Re: Autoconf Digest, Vol 3, Issue 18

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Autoconf Digest, Vol 3, Issue 18
Date: 13 Feb 2003 12:51:27 -0800

Fred Cook <address@hidden> writes:

> What you are saying is to gen a test program and have gcc 3.2.1
> compile/link it with python and if it fails then gen an error
> message and quit.

Yes, that's the ticket.

> This is all OK, but it maybe easier to upgrade to python 2.2 and be
> done with it.

Also, you might consider downgrading to GCC 3.2.  On Solaris sparc,
GCC 3.2.1 miscompiles Samba and who knows what-else.  I would stick
with GCC 3.2 or earlier.  See GCC Problem Report 8726 at
<http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl>.  It gives you a test program
that configure could compile as part of its test case.