Re: Library linking problem

From: Mike Castle
Subject: Re: Library linking problem
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:44:39 -0800

[Sorry for delay.  It takes me about his long to cycle through all the
various subscriptions (too many) that I'm on.]

In article <address@hidden>,
Dr. David Kirkby <address@hidden> wrote:
>I' pretty new to linux, so /usr/local/lib was not in /etc/ld.so.conf.
>However, I have since added it, run ldconfig (without any options) and
>still it fails at the same point. What I did notice however is that
>running ldconfig -v gives  a long list of libraries for every
>directory, but none for /usr/local/lib.
>

>/usr/lib/atlas:
>       libblas.so.2 -> libblas.so.2.3
>       liblapack.so.2 -> liblapack.so.2.3
>/usr/local/lib:
>/lib:
>       libgcc_s.so.1 -> libgcc_s.so.1
>       libnss_db.so.2 -> libnss_db-2.2.so
>       libwrap.so.0 -> libwrap.so.0.7.6
>
>Is this a bad sign ?

If there are files located in /usr/local/lib, then indeed this is a bad
sign.  In that case, you'll probably be better off asking for help in a
Linux specific discussion area (or pester a local guru).

Good luck,
mrc
--
     Mike Castle      address@hidden      www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/